I'm Working on It!

So we all have something to work on and I admit that I am an official blog slacker! I don't really care to find the time because I'm trying to eat up every minute with my baby before I have to go back to work. However, I am trying to turn a new leaf and am slowly going to play catch up. Be patient as I do because I know that all this is old news. However, I want to record it on here because this is my family history. Plus, hopefully if I can work really hard and catch up then we will get up to date posts!



More More New Posts 07/15/2011

I am trying to catch up this summer be patient.



Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm Addicted!

Last weekend, I had the whole weekend off. A rare occasion from my busy life with 3 jobs. I almost always work Saturdays. Well this particular Saturday I took off to help my sister in law, but there was a last minute change in plans. I have to say it was very nice to have a day off with nothing really on the agenda. On Friday, I was babysitting little Kellen, 5 months old-I feel like I practically stole the money. I did nothing most the night. Kellen and I played/ate for about 45 minutes and then he slept the rest of the night. What did I do for the few hours while he slept? Alright, alright, I'll admit it-I finally joined the vampire groupies and I'm ecstatic I did. I started Twilight that night and couldn't put it down-I read it all weekend (doing my hair-reading, putting makeup on-reading, walking down the street-reading). I have been told by many it is so great and now it's consuming all my thoughts. I need the next book and haven't gotten a hold of it yet and it's killing me. I will now add my urge to all those that haven't read the book-READ IT! I heard "vampire" and it immediately turned me off, but do not let that fool you. It is a wonderfully written book and the characterization is great.

I found an article in Time where they interviewed the author. It was mentioned that the Stephenie Meyer is an observant mormon who doesn't drink alcohol, etc. She was quoted as saying, "It's about keeping yourself free of addictions. We have free will, which is a huge gift from God. If you tie that up with something like, I don't know, cocaine, then you don't really have a lot of freedom anymore." The definition of addicted is: to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively.

I find this very ironic because we are warned to stay away from addictive substances in the church, but she has now written such an addictive book (in a way) that I am obsessively thinking about it all the time. I have told everyone about it...I even gave up sleep to read it. Waking up at 7:30 when I didn't have to wake up until 10:00 just so I could keep reading. It has made it's way into my dreams and every where I look something reminds me of it.

I know a lot of you may think I'm crazy, I probably am! I have come to accept that in my life. Just read it and see if you don't fall prey to it.

6 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I don't think that you are crazy at all! I read this book in a day or two and went onto the second one almost immediately. Unfortunately I've been on the same chapter in book three since Christmas...thanks for reminding me I need to finish it!

Diana said...

These vampire books are addicting. I dream of Edward in my sleep.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Ok, ok. My sister in law gave me the first book to start reading and I have been putting everything else in front of it, because I have not been excited about a vampire love story, but I'll take your word for it, and I am going to start reading it tomorrow. Luv you Lyns!

Mikkel said...

Lynsie, if you don't text me back because you are reading Eclipse, that's ok. Everything is excused for the books. And do not worry, I don't think anyone is obsessed as me. But I makes me feel so much better about myself to hear when others feel obsessed too. I totally thought the same thing about the addiction thing too! Like in the book-"You are exactly my kind of hieroin" (if you've read that yet) the book is my drug!! I really don't know if it's quite healthy. I almost feel bad recommending it to people because I know what it will do to them. They don't understand, life will change from then on! But I love it anyhow. I love that you were "doing your makeup" and all while reading. That was so me. I am reading twilight again right now. Sooooo, on another note, lets go to good will and get me a good deal and go to lunch for your bday and talk about Edward ok? Call me.

Tawna said...

Yah, I think everyone has had that initial reaction of "ugg...vampire" when they hear about these books...but they are great. Couldn't put them down. I'm a little upset that she dragged the story into a 4th book instead of just ending it at book 3...but whatever.

Keep me updated on how you like the other books.

Amanda said...

Hey girl,

This is the only place I saw to leave a comment. I never get mad at you. You are such a great person and I know you would never hurt anyone. I know your right. There are other people who have trouble conceiving. I know that we both feel it. I just wanted to read someone blog about it, so I finally did. I did not know you are on here. I am so glad that you are.