I know there are many wonderful men out there that will be honored on this Father's Day, but I will honor two of them. First, I live far away from my family and am not able to be with my own Father today. I wish I was-the meals up there are delicious-I'm sure much better than what I'm making for Father's Day dinner tonight. My dad is one of my heroes. He was for a long time the only man that I held such admiration and love for, now I share that love and admiration with my husband. My dad is soft spoken, loving, kind, hard-working, sensitive, a worthy Priesthood holder, full of wisdom and knowledge, funny, and much much more.
I love him so much more than I can ever express. I know I tell him I love him, but it's always difficult to express so much love. I am sure he understands though because that is probably how he feels about all his children. My dad is wonderful and has taught me so much. He has taught me the value of work. He has taught me how to love my family. He has taught me how to make fudge and check the oil in a car. He has taught me that I am a Daughter of God and worth more than sometimes I would believe. He has taught all of his girls not to let your boyfriends work for your Dad- it never turns out good. :) He has taught me how to cry and laugh and much much more. To write it all would take days and days of posting, but you get the picture. I love you Dad! Thanks for being such a wonderful Father and example to all of us!Next, is my husband, Ezra. Handsome, isn't he? He's mine and I'm keeping him!
Who amazingly enough has many of the same characteristics of my father. Which I am so grateful for. Ezra is one of the kindest people I have ever met. I strive to be more like him. He is positive and optimistic and full of energy. Always convincing me that I can laugh even if I'm in a bad mood. Not only is he super handsome-he is hard-working as well. I know that we have had plenty of bumps in the road of work, but he never ceases to work hard. He does the dishes (which I hate to do), and when he knows I am tired or not feeling well won't even let me try to help him. He is constantly trying to keep our home a comfortable place and treats me like a Queen.
He makes me want to be a better person which I think is very important in a relationship. He listens to me when I've had a bad day or a good day. He laughs at me and with me. He loves music and having a good time. He has a stomach of steel! He will eat anything I cook even if it is disgusting! He loves the Gospel and is a worthy Priesthood holder. I can't wait to see him in the role of a Father. I know he is going to be an excellent Dad. We still have lots to learn and I'm sure we will make plenty of mistakes, but I have no doubt in my mind that he is going to be great! I love you so much Ezra! Thanks for lifting me up and being such a great example to me. Thanks for keeping me laughing-your laugh makes my day. Our baby is very blessed to have you for his Daddy!
I love you both so much!

6 comments:
I think that was such a wonderful tribute to your father.He just read it and got teary eyed.I agree with you about your father.He is one of the most kind and hard working,loving people I know.I guess I am very blessed to be married to him. Ezra will be a great daddy to your little baby.I can't wait!
I love you honey. All that has been said brings tears of joy. I love everything you do. The day the baby comes will be a beautiful day to have our baby boy.
What happened to your parents that your sister & brother-in-law had to raise you?
I love Ezra! He is such a wonderful, gentle soul!
Ah Lou, your so sweet, what a beautiful tribute to Dad and Ezra. I will be the first to second everything you wrote.
Post a Comment