I'm Working on It!

So we all have something to work on and I admit that I am an official blog slacker! I don't really care to find the time because I'm trying to eat up every minute with my baby before I have to go back to work. However, I am trying to turn a new leaf and am slowly going to play catch up. Be patient as I do because I know that all this is old news. However, I want to record it on here because this is my family history. Plus, hopefully if I can work really hard and catch up then we will get up to date posts!



More More New Posts 07/15/2011

I am trying to catch up this summer be patient.



Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sick Little Cy

So on Friday, February 12 Cyrus woke up coughing. At first I thought maybe it was nothing, but then he kept coughing and it sounded like a deep cough. We were going to fly to Utah on Saturday-so I thought it would be better to take him in rather then get to Utah and he gets worse. Basically the Dr. said he had some sort of bronchialitis, they said RSV and other viruses are like an epidemic at this time. So they ordered a nebulizer so we could work through the cough.

It is so sad when babies are sick. I felt so helpless. I know how annoying and painful a cough can be, and I can imagine it would feel worse as a little baby. He was a trooper though. The nights were a little rougher, but he was still acting pretty much the same. He was still smiling and happy as can be (which made it a little better). Here are some pictures using his nebulizer. I think he is so cute because he just looks so over it all.

He also developed an ear infection while we were in Utah and so he started antibiotics. Which he absolutely hated, but I don't blame him. I invented a medicine nose plugger in 1st grade for a contest because I absolutely hated the taste of pink amoxicillin.



I'm really not a mean mom that smiles when her baby is sick, but look at that funny face!

The plus side was a Dr visit right around his 3 month birthday so we know his weight. He was 13 lb 10 oz.

1 comments:

Phil and Cami said...

Did I tell you Caed loved his pink medicine? I was blessed with both boys. They love medicine. If you had to give Cy as much during each dose as we had to give Caed, I don't know how you did it. It took us a while each dose to get the whole thing down, and he liked taking it!