In front of the jail. Notice the 4 foot thick walls so it was impossible to break out. I can't even imagine how it must have been to be down in this dungeon like jail knowing that your wife and children were still suffering on the outside. What an amazing man!
Me holding up the bank (museum) where the first successful daylightbank robbery took place by Jesse James!
given to Joseph Fielding Smith that not far from this site is where Cain slew Abel.
Us at Adam-ondi-Ahman- I was feeling a little sick for some reason at this stop- the heat and walking I guess- but nonetheless- it was amazing also. So beautiful and peaceful. It is unbelievable to think that Adam and Eve and their family walked this same area.
Another view of Adam-ondi-Ahman
We drove through Jamesport which has a high Amish community. It was late, but we did see a few Amish men working in their fields. I think its kind of a nice idea to live simple lives. Although then we wouldn't have access to each others blogs.
We stayed the night in a small town called, Chillicothe, there were not a lot of food options, but we found one and I think it was pretty delicious. My sandwich was satisfying and I grew a few months after eating. Chillicothe is apparently the Home of Sliced Bread,
Us at Adam-ondi-Ahman- I was feeling a little sick for some reason at this stop- the heat and walking I guess- but nonetheless- it was amazing also. So beautiful and peaceful. It is unbelievable to think that Adam and Eve and their family walked this same area.
Another view of Adam-ondi-Ahmanbut we forgot to take a picture of that!


4 comments:
I so want to go back there sometime. It is a great testimony builder. I felt the same way in Palmyra walking through the sacred grove. Talk about the spirit!
What a fun trip! Andy and I need to go sometime. You look great!
Oh, I've always wanted to go on a trip like this! It looks like it was such a wonderful experience! You look like your in great shape Lyns! Miss ya!
Cute, cute pregnant belly Lyns!! What a fun trip to take with just the girls!
Post a Comment