I'm Working on It!

So we all have something to work on and I admit that I am an official blog slacker! I don't really care to find the time because I'm trying to eat up every minute with my baby before I have to go back to work. However, I am trying to turn a new leaf and am slowly going to play catch up. Be patient as I do because I know that all this is old news. However, I want to record it on here because this is my family history. Plus, hopefully if I can work really hard and catch up then we will get up to date posts!



More More New Posts 07/15/2011

I am trying to catch up this summer be patient.



Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wedding, Family, Friends, and Fun

Okay, okay....I know I have been a total blog slacker, but March was a super busy month. So now I am reproving myself and catching up. First, my little sister, Ashley, got married on March 14th in the St. George, Utah Temple. It was a beautiful ceremony and always is emotional because of its sacredness and importance. It was special to be there for someone I love so much and is one of my oldest and bestest friends. We have been best friends since the pre-existence I am sure, but I can only actually document the 24 1/2 years she's been in my family. I have only been to sealings of a few friends but it is much more meaningful when its someone as close as your sister. It was a blessing to have Amy at the sealing too. It was her first sealing and I'm glad I was able to share it with her. I love my family. The afternoon and evening was filled with pictures, shoving something substantial in our bellies, setting up the reception, and then enjoying friends and family at the beautiful reception.

Ashley looked absolutely beautiful and amazing (nothing new) but she made a beautiful bride. JB, the newest addition to our family, made a handsome groom and they looked so happy at the reception and wedding. Their love has travelled through thick and thin and I'm glad they are together now. I love you too JB...even though you're going to become a little more important to my best friend. Hopefully you are good at sharing her!

The next weekend was the reception in Salt Lake City. It was also very beautiful and we got to see more family so it was a lot of fun as well. Did I mention I love my family? Well, I do... you can think you're family is the best but I'm pretty sure mine is. I guess its a good thing we're placed with the ones we are and Heavenly Father really knows us that well. I can't imagine having a different family.

I also started my track break so I was able to stay up for almost an extra week. I spent time with my family mostly. I even got to have a slumber party with my niece at Nana's house. She was super excited to have a slumber party with her Aunt Lynsie and she told me that she was going to be the big spoon when we slept. It was pretty funny. She spooned up next to me and then rolled away and laughed a loud laugh and said, "We spooned! I told you so! I told you I was the big spoon!" Then in the morning that was the first thing she said to Nana. Silly little girl, but I love her so much. She brings me lots of joy!
Amy had her birthday while I was home we had lunch together with the sisters and my mom. It was fun. Then Aims and I spent time shopping at Ross and Ikea. Well, we didn't really buy a whole lot. Amy wanted a plant so we got it at Ikea for her birthday. My mom decided to come to Vegas after that (later post). Before we left to travel back we ate at Zupa's with my Aunt Diana and my dad. Zupa's is delicious...I wish there was one here. I will post about my mom's stay and my friend Liesel's stay sometime soon.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I love when you blog!!! I get on every day hoping for a new blog and today is the day!! Ashley looked beautiful. Hope to talk to you soon.

Lena Baron said...

Good to hear from you! Sounds like you're having fun!:) I hope this finds you smiling. Aloha!

Kenzee Jo said...

I really wished I could've made it. Ashley did send me a invitation, but my cousin and his wife were sealed on the same day in Vernal Utah, so I was there for that. Ashley is stunning, the dress is amazing! I hope all is going well with you Linds... Love ya...

Diana said...

Yes, your family is the best. So fun to see you over and over again. You're divine.

Katie and Mark said...

Very cute-glad to see you up and posting! : )

Amy Andersen said...

Yes Lou, we do have the best family ever.

Lacey said...

One of these times when you're not so busy on one of your trips...call me! I want to see you again. Remember just over the river and through the woods...then you'd be to my house! Congrats to Ashley!

Marisa Jean said...

I didn't know Ashley got married! That's great! And I'm obsessed, with Ross. Glad I'm not the only one who loves to shop there.

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

What a beautiful bride! JB looks so familiar. . . They look so happy together. It sure was fun to see you and visit for a little bit that weekend! Thanks for personally delivering my scentsy stuff! Love ya!

Dustin and Kristin said...

Well there you are. Hey so I need to give you a hard time not coming to see me when you were in town like you did me. j/k I love weddings. I'm glad you had a fun time.