I'm Working on It!

So we all have something to work on and I admit that I am an official blog slacker! I don't really care to find the time because I'm trying to eat up every minute with my baby before I have to go back to work. However, I am trying to turn a new leaf and am slowly going to play catch up. Be patient as I do because I know that all this is old news. However, I want to record it on here because this is my family history. Plus, hopefully if I can work really hard and catch up then we will get up to date posts!



More More New Posts 07/15/2011

I am trying to catch up this summer be patient.



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prelude to an Almost Perfect Day

So let me start by saying that Ezra and I both celebrated our birthdays this past week. It is fun to be able to celebrate them together! Well, since I'm already so late in getting around to it I will just say that our celebrations lasted about a week. We went to dinner at Hash House a Go Go because we had a free birthday entree! Lets just say we didn't need it...we both had a ton of leftovers. My dinner could have fed 10! Here are some pictures to prove it!






Yes the plate is bigger than my body! That pancake has to be at least 18 inches in diameter! We should have taken a before and after shot! Alas, we didn't think that far! It was good the next morning- fuel for the long and hot field day!

Ezra got chicken & biscuits! He couldn't finish it either! I have to say I really love Hash House, except they don't have regular ranch. They only have special cucumber ranch. Ugh!


After dinner, we went to find a purple shirt for Ezra for field day. Who would have thought finding a purple shirt for a man would be so difficult! Walmart-no! We bought purple paint to paint on a white shirt. However, I made him stop at Target...we found one finally...a v-neck but it was purple!


Then we got home and Ezra gave me my card and present. He was very sweet. He made a little poem on the computer with clip art. (I'm pretty sure he stole the poem from a card off the internet but that's okay). He gave me a really beautiful and thoughtful card and then the Willow Tree figurines Cherish and Happiness. Cherish is the pregnant mom and happiness says "To laugh, sing, dance, and...CREATE" and he said that I've done all those things. (He also said he had got it for Mother's Day but forgot). I love them! They will add to my collection beautifully! My husband is wonderful and always trying to make me happy! I appreciate all he does for me. He is always willing to clean and help. He makes me feel like a Queen and I hope I let him know how much I appreciate him! I love you honey! Thanks for making my day special!


Also, at school my wonderful friend Cami made me cinnamon rolls for breakfast-DELICIOUS! During our prep time she made me my own pizookie because I have sworn off BJ's during pregnancy! It was delicious also. Then we took our students that had finished their work on a pirate's treasure hunt! Arggh! You'd think after the day I would be 20 pounds heavier! I felt it! A couple teachers had seen us enjoying both of our deliciously goodness snacks and laughed since we are both pregnant-thinking we are just craving junk-they told us we had an excuse. We told them we'd go back to eating vegetables the next day. :) This is the prelude to the almost perfect day coming shortly to a blog near you!

10 comments:

Katie and Mark said...

Well, that does sound wonderful! What a fun day-

Where on Earth is that place with those MONSTER sized plates! LOL That would be perfect for me! I would love to go-

And, why did you swear off BJ's? Pazookies while pregnant sound perfect to me! :)

Amanda said...

I love the gifts that Ezra got you. How cute!!! Happy birthday to you both. You still look cute as ever.

Russ said...

Cute! I love the Hash House a Go Go. Their cups of Hot Chocolate are huge! And servings are HUGE! Russ and I went there and we got 2 orders Eggs Benedict... neither of us could finish it.

Diana said...

You two are so cute! Those plates!!! I need to definitely check that place out next time in Vegas ... whenever that will be! Happy belated birthday to you and Ezra. Love you guys. Hope you're feeling mom-a-licious.

Gina said...

LYnsie, eating is the funnest!

Mom said...

Yum, do they have gluten free food?

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Happy Birthday!! To both you and Ezra! That's so fun that you both get to celebrate your birthdays together! Oh, and by the way, when did you start eating vegetables? If I remember right, I used to eat all your vegetables because you refused!

Liesel said...

Holy Crap!!! Look at those plates!!! I think I could probably eat the whole thing sometimes. LOL! Happy Birthday to you both again!!! I love you! Oh and translation for BJ please. I can't seem to come up with what you are talking about.

Kira Blaser said...

Happy Birthday to you both and congrats on the baby! So happy for you!

Marisa Jean said...

Those plates really are as big as your bodies! I love willow tree--what a good husband. I always hint that I want willow tree stuff to my hubby and he never clues in.