I'm Working on It!

So we all have something to work on and I admit that I am an official blog slacker! I don't really care to find the time because I'm trying to eat up every minute with my baby before I have to go back to work. However, I am trying to turn a new leaf and am slowly going to play catch up. Be patient as I do because I know that all this is old news. However, I want to record it on here because this is my family history. Plus, hopefully if I can work really hard and catch up then we will get up to date posts!



More More New Posts 07/15/2011

I am trying to catch up this summer be patient.



Sunday, May 10, 2009

Moms are the Best!


Okay so Moms in general are the best, but my mom-I know I'm biased- is the absolute best. I will give you all credit, because hopefully, you all think you're mom is the absolute best and I think that's what Heavenly Father would want us to do. This isn't a "my mom's better than yours" competition, but since it's my blog- I'm entitled to my opinion that my mom is the most amazing and special because she is mine! I hear all the time from many that I am just like my mom and that we resemble each other most too. I will take them all as compliments. If I am like my mom I am succeeding at something.

I can't even put into words how much I love and admire and respect my mother. However, I'm going to try to get some of it across. My mother has all the qualities that a wonderful mother should have: love, respect, kindness, slow to anger, spiritual, emotional, friend, confidante, listener, trustworthy, responsible, strength, unselfish, generous, grateful and many more. My mom can make me feel better no matter how crappy the day is going or whats going on in my life. She has a mother's perspective and a mother's love that extends further than she will ever know. Her attitude and love always shines through. My mother is not only my example, my guide, my mom, my cook (growing up), my housekeeper (again growing up and when I'm home), but more importantly she is my FRIEND, and she is one of the best friends I could ever ask for! Along with my sisters who also deserve a salute on Mother's Day. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family but better than family such wonderful friends in them! Thank you so much mom for living life the way you have and being an example and a friend. I cannot express how much I love you or all the things you've taught me.

As a mother-to-be I thank you for teaching me things that a good mother does (even though none of us are perfect-you are pretty close). I'm sure that not everything I will do as a mother will be how you raised us, but if I could be half the mother you are, I would feel successful as a mother. If I can raise happy children who love eachother and help eachother I will be following in your example. If I can raise children in the Gospel and teach them to pray, read, and love the Lord I will be following in your example. It scares me sometimes that perhaps I will fall short of my responsibilities, but at least I have an amazing example to follow. Thank you for living a worthy life and marrying a wonderful priesthood holder. Thank you for keeping our family Eternal! Thank you for all that Mom and much more! I love love love love you!

I can't wait to be a mom and make you a Nana for the 7th time. I hope I can do as great a job as you!
Things my mom taught me in no particular order:

  • How to pray
  • How to listen
  • That its okay to cry
  • How to sew
  • How to cook
  • How to read
  • The love of dancing
  • The love of music
  • To love the Gospel
  • To serve others
  • How to smile
  • How to hide the good treats so you can eat them at your pleasure
  • How to butter the popcorn the best
  • How to make Butter Syrup (which has since affected many many lives)
  • How to love
  • How to be a supportive wife
  • How to realize my divine potential
  • How to be a friend
  • How to work
  • How to laugh
  • To respect others

The list could go on and on because I'm pretty sure that anything important my mother taught me!

8 comments:

Diana said...

Such cute pictures! This is so sweet. I hope your mom reads it!

Korey and Lindsey said...

By the way the Butter Syrup yum yum can I have the recipe :)

Liesel said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom! Don't worry you will not let her down, you are going to be such a great mom!

Amy Andersen said...

Yes yes yes we do have the best mom ever! This is such a sweet tribute to her. Good job Lou!

Marisa Jean said...

I remember that Butter Syrup from college! Thanks Lynsie's mom for teacher her this! I reaped the joy of that yummy stuff!

Dustin and Kristin said...

Hey Lyns.
I know this is a day late, but I want to wish you a happy birthday. I hope you had an awesome day. I was thinking of you all day.

Gina said...

I know your mom is very special. I remember her touching my life many times. She was a good young woman leader. Lynsie, you are going to be a good mom also, you learned from one of the best!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Lynsie! I keep remembering to call you each day, but then my mommy brain fails me every time! Hope you had a great birthday!